Ned, Class 1
The following is a list of ideas that can help you to keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child.
- Reach an agreement with them about how they will use the internet.
- Try to get them to understand what the consequences of their actions might be (for example, when sharing photos)
- Make sure they realise that people online may not be who they say they are.
- Remember that sharing personal information isn’t as simple as just their name, address and telephone number – a photo of them in their school uniform might be just as bad.
- Think about privacy settings on your social networking sites as well as theirs.
- Use parental controls on devices that link to the internet, such as the TV, laptops, computers, games consoles and mobile phones (www.thinkuknow.co.uk can give further advice about how to do this)